第Ⅰ卷 (选择题 共80分)
6. What’s the matter with Lily?
A. She has lost her money. B. She has run out of her money.
C. She has got much money.
7.What did Carla use to do?
A. To play the violin. B. To play basketball. C. To play football.
8 . What’s Alice’s favorite subject?
A. Music. B. Math. C. Art.
9.Where did Sue go for her vacation?
A. To Tokyo. B. To Paris. C. To London.
10.What was the weather like there?
A. Rainy. B. Windy. C. Foggy.
11.How many copies did the man take?
A. Two. B. Three. C. Four.
12.How much should the man pay for the copies?
A. Four dollars. B. Eight dollars. C. Six dollars.
13.How does Fred study for a test?
A. By listening to tapes. B. By reading books. C. By making flashcards.
14.What’s Rose’s favorite subject?
A. English. B. Geography. C. Physics.
15.Where would Rose like to visit next weekend?
A. Hong Kong. B. Tianjin. C. Beijing.
16.Where are the two speakers talking?
A. On the bus. B. On the phone. C. In the classroom.
17.What is Hank going to do tonight?
A. Go to a game. B. Buy some food and nice drinks. C. Have a meeting.
18.Why does Hank say he will be a little late?
A. Because he has to go to a meeting . B. Because he has to finish a report.
C. Because he has to close the door of the office.
19.How long has Lisa been sick in bed?
A. For three days. B. For an hour. C. For eight hours.
20.What will Hank take to see Lisa?
A. Some food. B. Some drinks. C. Some flowers.
21. I _____ to sing a song at the party last night.
A. am asked B. asked C. had asked. D. was asked
22. It’s careless him to make _____ mistakes.
A of, so many B of, too much C. for, too many D. for. so much
23. I like to live in a house is big and bright, but he lives ____ he was born.
A. where, which B. which, that C. where, that D. that, where
24. He found _____ very difficult to drive on the countryside road.
A its B it C was D. that
25. -- Look! The man at the gate _____ be our headmaster. He is always standing there every morning.
--No, it _____ be him. He is holding a meeting in the office now.
A. must, can’t B. must, mustn’t C. can’t, can’t D. can’t, mustn’t
26. Don’t make the horse _____, will you? Have it _____ to that tree, please.
A. run, tying B. run, tied C. running, tying D. run, tie
27. Jim as well as the twins there when the meeting began.
A are B is C was D were
28. -- Now foreigners have no problems talking to Chinese in Beijing.
-- Yes, I think young people the old people are learning to speak English.
A. only, except B. either or C neither, nor D. not only, but also
29. -- My English teacher visited Australia last summer.
-- Which city did he visit?
A. Paris. B. Washington. C. London. D. Sydney.
30. Please keep the window ____ all the time in winter. It is very cold outside.
A closing B close C closed D to close
31. Great changes ____ in my hometown during the last three years.
A have been taken place B was happened
C have taken place D have happened
32. Finally the officals had to follow the boy’s idea, and a boat ___ the elephant.
A. used to weigh B. was used to weigh
C. was used to weighing D. used to weighing
33. I really want to know _____.
A. what is wrong with my brother B. how will he go to Beijing tomorrow
C. if had he bought that car D. where did he go yesterday
34. I wish I younger
A were B be C am D is
35. Parents always ask their children to spend more time and the children also make up their mind____.
A to study, to study B studying, studying
C studying, study D studying to study
36. Taiwan is _____ the east of China, and Japan is _____ the east of china
A to, in B in, to C on to D to, on
37. Can you do work with time and people.
A. much, much, few B. more, less, fewer
C. less, less, many D little, little, many
38. -- Shall I take you to the shopping mall after work?
-- No, thanks. My father said he would _____ on his way home.
A. look for me B. pick me up C. let me down D. take after me
39. About ________ of the workers in the factory were born in the ________.
A. two-thirds, 1970 B. two-thirds, 1970s
C. .two-third,1970 D. two-third, 1970s
40. I prefer _____ some shopping to _____ camping since the weather isn’t lovely.
A. do ; going B. doing ; go C. do ; go D. doing ; going
People all over the world celebrate the new year. However, not all countries celebrate in the same way, and in some countries, the new year doesn’t begin on the 41 date very year.
In many countries, the new year begins on 1st January, but people start celebrating on 31st December, New Year’s Eve. In New York many people go to celebrate in Times Square. 42 they’re waiting for the New Year, they listen to music, sing traditional songs and have fun. Just before 12 o’clock, everyone 43 down from 10: 10, 9, 8… As soon as it’s 12 o’clock, everyone shouts very 44 , “Happy New Year!”
New Year’s Day is often a family day. Some families get together for a special meal. When the weather is fine, many families go out for a 45 .
On New Year’s Day, many people make resolutions for the new year. They 46 a list of things, such as “I will help out more with housework. I will work 47 at school than others.” or “I won’t spend so much time playing video games.” When they have made 48 list, they read it to their family or friends and promise to 49 their resolutions.
So it doesn’t matter how they celebrate, 50 people in countries all over the world, it’s a time to say goodbye to the old year, and to welcome the new.
41. A. familiar B. same C. important D. normal
42. A. If B. Even though C. While D. Before
43. A. comes B. turn C. looks D. counts
44. A. loudly B. quietly C. sadly D. safely
45. A. walk B. secret C. job D. treatment
46. A. put on B. write down C. take away D. look after
47. A. quickly B. hard C. harder D. hardly
48. A. its B. his C. her D. their
49. A. follow B. make C. do D. give
50. A. by B. for C. with D. from
Young Music Scene Concert
Young musicians from all over Germany perform at Young Scene Concert at Berlin’s
famous Quasimodo music hall. The concert is part of the Berlin Festival.
Time: 15—20 Nov.
Place: 45, 18756 Berlin, Germany
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +34 (0) 45 839 5986
Documentary Film Month
Cinemas, schools and libraries across France and the French-speaking world take part
in November’s Documentary Film Month. About 120, 000 visitors take part each year.
Time: 1—20 Mar.
Place: 25 Road Pyramids, 75001 Paris
Phone: +12 (0)1 43 38 19 73
Email: [email protected]
Craft (工艺) Show
You can come to the show twice a year, in spring and at Christmas. There are hundreds
of artisans (手艺人) from across Canada selling jewellery, pottery, glass, ironwork and
Time: 26 Nov.—7 Dec.
Mon.—Fri. 11 am—10 pm
Sat. 10 am—8 pm
Sun. 9 am—6 pm
Place: Direct Energy Centre
Phone: +7 658 198 3245
Email: [email protected]
Toronto Garden and Flower Show
The Canada Blooms Show every year at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre is
the country’s largest indoor garden show.
Time: Mar. 9 am—6 pm
Sun. 11 am—5 pm
Place: Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Cost: $18; under 12 free
Phone: +1 235 447 8768
Email: [email protected]
51. People can enjoy music at Young Scene Concert from____________.
A. 1—20 Mar B. 15—20 Nov C. 26 Nov—7 Dec D. 1 Mar—20 Nov
52. You can e-mail ____________if you want to see Documentary Film.
53. You can buy ____________at the Craft Show.
A. glass, ironwork and clothing B. different kinds of flowers
C. classic music CDs D. some books about film
54. If two adults and two boys of 9 want to see Flower Show and Craft Show, it will cost them
A. $40 B. $56 C. $76 D. $112
55. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A. Young musicians from all over Germany perform at Quasimodo music hall.
B. Cinemas, schools and libraries across France take part in Documentary Film Month.
C. People can enjoy the Craft Show from 9 am to 6 pm on Sunday.
D. Toronto Garden and Flower Show is the world’s largest garden show.
Are you looking for something fun and would you like to help others in your spare time? Then join us to be a volunteer! We’re a non-profit (赢利的) organization. We have volunteer jobs of all ages. Anyone, from twelve-year-old children to people in their seventies can become a volunteer.
You can help people in many ways. Schools need help with taking care of children while parents are working. Hospitals need volunteers to look after children while their parents are seeing a doctor. Animal lovers can help take care of those dogs and cats without homes. There is something for everyone.
“As a volunteer, I don’t want to get anything. Seeing the children’s happy faces, I’m happy, too.” Said Carlos Domingo, an old woman of 62. “I often played computer games in my spare time before. Now I help older people learn how to use computers.” said another volunteer at the age of 18.
If everyone helps out a bit, we’ll have a better world to live in. Interested? Call us 1-800-555-5756 or visit our website: www.activol.com.
56. When do the volunteers help others?
A. In their spare time. B. At weekends C. On weekdays. D. In the evenings.
57. _____ can be a volunteer.
A. Children B. Old women C. Anyone aged 12-70 D. Young people
58. Volunteers want to get _______ when they help others.
A. money B. computers C. everything D. nothing
59. Carlos Domingo does volunteer work with ______.
A. animals B. children C. computers D. older people
60. We can read such a passage ______.
A. in a newspaper B. in a storybook C. in a picture book D. in a textbook
We all have our own ways of sharing our life experiences with others.
Photographers use cameras，artists use brushes, musicians use songs and writers use stories.
Spencer Johnson's story Who Moved My Cheese? shows changes exist in(存在于)our life. Life changes and so we do. We must change ourselves to face the changing environment, or we will fail.
Just look at the cycle(循环)of the seasons .Trees bud(发芽)in spring and in summer their leaves turn green. In autumn, their leaves start to fall onto the ground. When winter arrives, there are no leaves on trees. Next spring the cycle begins again. Since we know there are cycles in nature, we can prepare for them. We know it is colder in winter and hotter in summer, so we can dress properly.
Since we accept the cycles of nature，we should also accept the changes in our life.
We can prepare ourselves for changes by becoming more flexible(灵活的)). We can regard the changes in our life as chances. As we keep changing ourselves, we can keep up with the changes in our life.
61. What do writers use to sh are their life experiences?
A. Stories. B. Newspapers. C. Basketballs. D. Pianos.
62. Who Moved My Cheese? tells us that ______.
A. changes exist in our life
B. we should move other’s things
C. we should use books to share our life experiences
D. there are difficulties in our life
63. The cycle of the seasons means ______.
A. we should wear warm clothes in winter
B. we should accept the changes in our life
C. we should prepare for the weather
D. leaves turn yellow in autumn
64. If you fail a test, what should you think according to the passage?
A. I have no chance to pass the test.
B. Exams are hard for me.
C. I have bad luck.
D. It's good for me because I know there are more to learn
65. What's the main idea of this passage?
A. Weather changes in different seasons.
B. Who Moved My Cheese? is a good book.
C. We should change ourselves when life changes.
D. We should not lose heart when we meet with difficulties.
第Ⅱ卷 (非选择题 共70分)
Young People in Britain
Life used to be fun for “teenagers”. They used to have money to spend, and free time to while away(消磨). They used to wear teenage clothes, and meet in teenage coffee bars and discos. Some of them still do. But for many young people, life is harder now. 66 are difficult to find. There’s not so much money around. Things are 67 , and it’s hard to find a place to live in. Teachers say that students work harder than they used to. They are less 68 in politics, and more interested in 69 exams. They know that good exam results may bring them better jobs.
Most young people worry more about money than their parents did twenty years ago. They try 70 less and save more. They want to be able to get homes of their own one day.
For some, the answer to unemployment(失业) is to leave home and look for jobs in one of Britain’s big 71 . Every day hundreds of young people arrive in London from other parts of Britain, looking for jobs. Some find jobs and stay. 72 don’t, and go home again, or join the unemployed(失业者) in London.
When you read the newspapers and watch the news on television, it’s 73 to get the idea that British young people are all unemployed, angry and in trouble. But that’s not true. Three quarters of them do more or less what their parents did. They do their best at school, find some kinds of jobs in the end, and get 74 in their early twenties. They get on well with their parents, and enjoy their family life. After all, if they don’t, they 75 be British, will they?
66. ______ 67. ______ 68. ______ 69. ______ 70. ______
71. ______ 72. ______ 73. ______ 74. ______ 75. ______
There is always something that we can never forget. And it can really change our life.
Time is important for everyone. It organizes our everyday moments. However, ○1before I received a watch from my father, time never had any importance in my life. It organized my life and made me more responsible.
I received this gift on a Sunday. I had to go to the airport at 9:00 am to pick up Uncle Jim and take him to my father’s house. However, I was late because I hung out with my friends. Later on that day, around 11:00 am, I remembered my uncle and went to the airport to meet him, but I was too late. He had left the airport and taken a taxi to my father’s house.
I got to my father’s house at 2:00 pm that day. ○2 Looking at my father’s face, I felt ashamed (羞愧的) at that moment. My father asked me to sit next to him and he handed me this watch as a gift. Then he said, “Bob, did you have fun with your friends today?” “Yes, Father, and I’m sorry about not picking up Uncle Jim,” I replied. He then said, “What you did was not very nice and you should be sorry for your actions. I think you should learn something from it, and this watch will be a reminder for you in your future life.” ○3 The watch is very important to me, not because of its price, but because of the lesson that I learned from it.
Today I still remember my father’s words“Respect time and never be late for anything.”
76. 请用“not…until… ”改写文中○1处划线句子，使其句意不变。
79. Why did Bob feel ashamed when he arrived at his father’s house?
80. What lesson did Bob learn from his father?
A: Excuse me, 81
B: Yes, and you are……?
A: 82 . This is my membership card. Would you please show me your passport?
B: OK. 83
A: Welcome to Beijing, Miss White. I am so glad that you are the first guest I have received.
B: Thank you, Miss Chen. 84
A: Let me help you with your suitcase. Our car is waiting for us just at the entrance. 85
B: Thank you very much for your good service.
A: It’s a pleasure.
81. 82. 83. 84. 85.
86. “Would you come here?” he asked very ________(礼貌地)
87. Mary missed the early bus this morning, because she o________.
88. The computer was one of the greatest i________ in the world.
89. We should take an ______ (积极的) part in physical exercises.
90. I think he’s telling the truth, for he is an h________ man.
91. With the ________(develop) of science, we can enjoy life better.
92. After the terrible earthquake, hundreds of people were _________ (home).
93. The two words are spelled ________(difference), but pronounced the same.
94. The ________(careful) you drive, the safer you will be.
95. We love the imagination and ________(create) in the stories and the pictures.
96. Before ______ (hand) in your paper, you should check it carefully.
97. More trees and flowers should ________(plant) to make our hometown beautiful.
98. The man said that he ______ (provide) a new car for me in two days .
99. The doctor will do what they can ________(save) the dying woman.
100. I didn’t notice him ________(carry) that heavy box when I came into the classroom.
101. If you don’t hurry up, you’ll miss the school bus.(同义句)
You won’t ________ the school bus ________ you hurry up.
102. They used to play basketball together.(划线提问)
________ ________ they ______ to ________ together?
103. Mr. Black said, “I’ll go there as soon as I get his e-mail.”(合并为复合句)
Mr. Black said ________ ________ go there as soon as ________ ________ his e-mail.
104. Did he write the song himself?(改为被动语态)
________ the song ________ by himself?
105. She’s never heard of Arm. (完成反意疑问句)
She’s never heard of Amy, ________ ________
________ to the survey, many students were willing to work hard to ________ their aims.
He met with an old schoolmate of his ________ ________at the railway station.
With time ________ ________, the young trees grow taller and taller.
___________I didn’t do well in my lessons, I _________ gave up.
Do you take your own cloth bag when shopping ________ ________ using plastic bags?
参考词汇：chat 聊天 computer games 电脑游戏 do sports 体育锻炼
in my opinion 以我的观点
The Proper Way(s) for Students to Relax
I am the monitor of Class 3, Grade 9 of No. 2 Middle School. Recently I have made a survey of the students in my class on ways to relax after class.九年级英语上册期末考试卷参考答案
I. 1~5 DAFCB II. 6~10 BBACA 11~15 ABACC Ⅲ. 16~20 BABAC
21-25 DADBA 26-30. BCDDC 31-35 CBAAD 36-40.BBBBD
41~45 BCDAA 46~50 BCDAB
51—55. BCACD 56-60 ACDBA
66. Jobs 67. more expensive 68. interested 69. passing 70. to spend
71. cities 72.Others 73.easy 74. married 75. won’t
76. time never had any importance in my life until I received a watch from my father. /I didn’t realize the importance of time in my life until I received a watch from my father. / I didn’t realize how important time was in my life until I received a watch from my father.
77. When I looked at my father’s face
79. He was too late to pick up his uncle. / He was late for the airport (because he hung out with his friends that morning). He didn’t pick up his Uncle Jim.
80. Respect time and never be late for anything.